Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Canadian Lyme conference coming

This just made me cry.  Bless her heart for being so brave.

 
 
I do applaud the U.S. government for moving forward with hearings such as this.  But it's just too slow of a process while young people such as this girl in the video, watch their childhood and teen years pass by. 
 
Canada will be hosting a Federal Framework on Lyme Disease Conference in Ottawa on May 16-17.  Read about it here.  This is required as part of the Federal Framework on Lyme Disease law that was passed a couple of years ago, spearheaded by MP and Green Party leader Elizabeth May.  Let us hope and pray that the message gets through to the health community.  Perhaps there will never be agreement between the two opposing sides in this controversy (IDSA vs. ILADS), but please, oh please, release doctors from the constraints and allow them to treat patients using whichever standard of practice they deem to be best for the situation.