Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Monday, October 07, 2013

This Thursday, October 10 at 8:00 p.m. on CBC

Here is an excerpt from the CBC press release, on the CanLyme website:

Lyme disease, a mysterious tick-borne illness, is the fastest spreading vector-borne disease in the United States, and over the past decade, the tick that carries Lyme has been spreading across Canada with alarming speed. On Thursday, October 10 at 8:00 p.m. (8:30 p.m. NT), CBC-TV’s The Nature of Things premieres TICKED OFF: THE MYSTERY OF LYME DISEASE, a fascinating and eye-opening documentary that explores a disease that has devastating effects, is often misdiagnosed and mistreated, and continues to be mired in a medical controversy.

I watched one of the trailers, and Dr. Maureen McShane is interviewed for this special.  She is the Lyme-literate MD who diagnosed me with Lyme disease and headed me in the right direction towards recovery. 

Click here to view an excerpt from the program.

Be sure to watch or set your PVR!