Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

Lyme Research Facility in Canada

Allow me to pick my jaw up off the floor!  I can hardly believe it.  The wheels have been put in motion to build a Lyme research facility in Canada.

Rossana Magnotta, CEO of Magnotta Winery, whose husband passed away from Lyme disease in 2009, has created the G. Magnotta Foundation for Vector-Borne Diseases which received charitable status on July 3. 

The research centre is slated to open in 2015 at Toronto's Humber River Hospital. 

Rossana saw first-hand what the lack of research, lack of knowledge, lack of proper diagnosis, and lack of treatment options can do.  We are so grateful to her that she has taken up this cause.

I always knew it would take someone in an important position, with the available funds, and who had been affected by Lyme, to get something like this started. 

Thank you so much, Rossanna Magnotta, for giving Canadians hope.  I hope and pray that this facility gets off the ground smoothly, thrives, and makes Canada a leader in Lyme research and treatment. 

Click here for more information about this exciting news.