Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Calling Aussies!

I have noticed quite a number of readers of my blog from Australia lately.  I'd love to write a blog post featuring Lyme disease in Australia.  Would you help me by sending me your comments, either by commenting on this post below, or by e-mailing me at astraightpath27@gmail.com?  I'd love to hear from you to get a better understanding of what's happening in your country.  I may use some of the information in my blog post, but will be sure to keep names private.  (And feel free to remain anonymous if that makes you more comfortable.)

I've seen some news reports out of Australia on the internet, so I have a sense of some of the issues.  From what I understand, medical officials deny that there is Lyme disease in Australia, yet there are people with Lyme who have never left the continent!  I know that there have been some demonstrations / protests organized to draw attention to the issue.  I know it's hard to get treatment for Lyme in Australia.

I'd love to hear what your personal experience has been.  If you give me permission, I could even feature your story on my blog.  Please let me know if that would be OK.

Thanks for your help!  Sending warm thoughts and blessings to my fellow Lyme sufferers from Australia.