Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Thank you, Sara Groves

Here is another song to calm your soul.  When I was really ill last year, I was looking for something to soothe me, and I grabbed one of my Sara Groves CDs off the shelf.  I put on the song, "It's Going To Be Alright".  Wow, did I ever feel God talking to me through that song!  I was suffering from horrendous insomnia from the Lyme disease and I felt like I was on the brink of death!  Sara sang right to my soul.  She said:

"It's going to be alright.  It's going to be alright.  I can tell by your eyes you're not getting any sleep, and you try to rise above it, but feel you're sinking in too deep.  Oh, I believe, I believe that it's going to be alright.  It's going to be alright.  I believe you'll outlive this pain in your heart, and you'll gain such a strength from what is tearing you apart.  Oh, I believe, I believe that it's going to be alright."

That was a message I needed to hear right at that moment.  And you know what?  It WAS alright!  I outlived that pain, and did gain strength from it.  (See Romans 8:28)

I had the opportunity to see Sara in person when she did a concert at my church in August.  What a genuine, open person with a heart of gold!

You're wonderful, Sara.  Thanks for helping me through a very dark time.

It's Going To Be Alright
by
Sara Groves