Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lyme treatment: clinical evidence vs. scientific data

I'm providing a link to an excellent article written by Mary Beth Pfeiffer of The Poughkeepsie Journal.  She summarizes the issue so well, and refers to the studies that physicians in both camps (ILADS vs. IDSA) use to prove their case.

Lyme Disease:  Antibiotics fuel debate

Sorry, I still have to side with ILADS and the clinical evidence camp!  How can I not?  I have been through it personally, and know that the long-term antibiotics have helped to improve my symptoms.  Study or no study......one CANNOT deny the clinical evidence of thousands and thousands of patients who have received long-term antibiotic treatment from Lyme-literate physicians.

To the IDSA - Please take your head out of the sand!  Set aside your biases for just a moment to consider what so many people are telling you.

To ILADS - We know that there is an abundance of clinical evidence, and we know that the antibiotics work.  But we need to push for scientific studies and more research.  Once this is all proven 'scientifically', the problem will be resolved.  Please continue to push for this.  This is the only way that both sides will be brought together.  I truly admire your efforts, your persistance despite opposition, and your intelligence.  Thank you so very much.