Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

How is this fair?

There are now 12 states in the U.S. which have legislation in place to protect physicians from repercussions relating to the treatment of chronic Lyme disease.  This is a great start.  It isn't so great, however, if you live in a state where physicians aren't protected!  I have often wondered why medical boards are by state or province.  Shouldn't a medical treatment be available to ALL citizens of a country?  So, someone in Rhode Island can get treatment for chronic Lyme disease, but someone in Nebraska is left to suffer?  Someone in Pennsylvania has mandatory insurance coverage, but someone in Ohio is denied?  Hopefully, these 12 states have set a precedent for the rest of the country when it comes to lawsuits.  And hopefully, Canada isn't too far behind.  Click here for further information on the 12 states.