Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

...One Step Back

Healing from Lyme is definitely a "two steps forward, one step back" process.  The latter part of April, I felt GREAT!  I was sure I was on the path to a completely well body.  Then it came crashing down.  The first week of May, I started to get fatigued, and it just wouldn't let up.  And here I am today, needing to take a couple of sick days to rest, lest I end up incapacitated.  For those of you who might be embarking on Lyme treatment, this is what it is like.  I've read many other stories, blogs, etc. and practically everyone feels this way.  The symptoms can come and go.  You might have a great day, and that can be followed by an awful one.  I guess I was a little too overly optimistic that I had permanently beaten down those spirochetes.  Maybe I was taking on too much.  Maybe I was staying up too late (blogging!) and not getting enough rest.  Maybe I was sneaking one too many chocolate covered almonds, and now I'm suffering the effects of the sugar.  I don't know.  But I'm just not feeling great, and the couch is calling.  So I will sign off.  I know there will be better days ahead.